Name:
Location: Des Moines, IA, United States

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Midnight Thoughts

So it's been awhile.   I suppose that's to be expected since life has been kind of hectic lately.   The new semester has started and with that comes a new set of challenges.   Classes are going well so far as they often do.   I am also resuming my role as the organizer and de facto leader of my study group.

Outside of class life remains.... complicated.   Some of the big plans I made over break have had to be tabled because of circumstances outside my control.   I am running for student office again and I feel good about my chances.   I have already promised not to slip into melancholy if I lose.   My social life is going strong but something is missing.   Maybe it's just that last semester raised my expectations but I think it's something more... identifiable.

It's funny that I have used two ellipses so far.  In formal writing ellipses are used to replace omitted words but I don't know if I got the joke all those years ago when I started using them to indicate subtext or a deeper meaning.   I suppose I could just come out and be blunt about things but that would defeat the purpose.   Maybe that's also the reason I spend a lot of time trying to think of the most clever way to say thins and just as much time wondering if I was too clever and it went over the heads of my intended audience.  Still, at least most of the time, I find that the people who are closest to me never seem to have any trouble understanding what I am trying very hard NOT to say.   At the same time I am finding it easier to be honest with people.   There have always been areas of my life about which I have been notoriously tight-lipped but now I find that to be changing.   Perhaps it's because I have newfound confidence or perhaps it's because I no longer feel compelled to project a perfect facade.

So I suppose this is as good a place as any to end.   As this article has been more cathartic than expository I will probably not link it to Facebook.   If you are reading this and we find ourselves in conversation please feel free to mention it so I know that at least someone is reading my blog.

Until I write again,


Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home