Name:
Location: Des Moines, IA, United States

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Revelations Upon Revelations

So I guess it's been awhile.

Well I suppose I should start by saying that I didn't win the election... at least not the one I really invested myself in.   It was kind of crushing at the time but I've moved past it.   I've also decided to give up on politics for awhile, maybe forever.   The fact is I am far too sensitive and when I lose I let it get to me more than I should.   I think I am done with anything that involves a risk of rejection and, for the time being, I will stick to things that fall with in the scope of my talents.

I would like to find a balance between staying in and spending entirely too much time in my own head and going out to bars or parties that are fun but not exactly conducive to conversation, at least not the kind of deep introspective conversation I have been craving as of late.   The problem is that there are so few people with whom I feel comfortable having those kinds of conversations...   I have not been all that successful at trying to lower my guard.   I have learned, however, that I have been wearing my heart on my sleeve far more frequently and to a far greater extent that I had previously believed.

Yet not everything is as disconcerting as it would seem.   No matter what happens I keep remembering that not long after I got here I felt, for the first time, like perhaps I was being driven by or driven to some greater purpose.   There are some ideas which cannot be abandoned and some stories which must be followed until their conclusions.

Until next time my dear reader...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home